Wednesday, July 5, 2017

June PLAY! By Sephora

PLAY! By Sephora
Month of June


Sephora refers to this box as "Summer Starters"


What It Is: Your monthly beauty game plan, delivered.
PLAY! by Sephora is a monthly beauty subscription box that brings you five deluxe, prestige samples handpicked from our shelves (plus a surprise bonus) in a collectible bag. 

What You Get Each Month
- Five deluxe skincare, makeup, or hair care samples (plus a hair or fragrance beauty bonus!) curated by our experts and handpicked just for you
- A collectible makeup bag that changes with each month’s theme
- PLAY! BOOK with tips, tricks, how-tos and beauty advice
- PLAY! PASS to redeem in store for 50 bonus Beauty Insider points and a free one-on-one tutorial
- PLAY! DATE, a subscriber-only event that gives you and a friend the opportunity to come in store and play with products that complement the ones you got in your box
- Exclusive video how-tos and fun tutorials on how to use the products you receive
- Free shipping on all PLAY! by SEPHORA boxes



What I received in my box:

- Kat Von D - Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in K-Dub - I don't use lipsticks, it's very rare that I do - I own 3 tubes of MAC lippies and rarely even reach for them.  They are now considered "limited edition" and hard to find shades.  That's how much I use lip products.  I use lip balms and that's about it.  So this product will go in my own mixed boxes I get rid of.  

- TARTE - Tarteguard 20 Tinted Moisturizer - I did get the shade Light which is great and matches my tone perfectly.  I didn't like the way it felt going on, but it was pretty light and airy while it was on my face.  However I did start mixing this product with my Joeur Matte Moisturizer I use and it made it perfect!  To me the Tarte felt a little too "watery."

- Dr Dennis Gross Skincare - Self Tanner Glow Pads - I wasn't a fan of this.  It didn't smooth around well to me and looked patchy, thankfully it wasn't that dark, so it was easy to blend and eventually wash off.  I ended up giving the other two pads away.  

- Bumble & Bumble - Don't Blow It - I normally do not blow dry my hair anyways, but I did like this.  And I liked the way it felt.  It didn't leave my hair sticky or crusty after it dried (man I hate that feeling)!!  I would consider repurchasing this.  

- Briogeo Curl Charisma Rice Amino + Avocado Leave In Cream - I don't have long hair anymore, and while my hair is still naturally curly I tend to straighten it out because on me it just doesn't look right curly while short.  And while I LOVE LOVE hair products, especially masks and leave in creams, I would never use this.  


And The Perfume of this Month Is:

- Derek Lam 10 Crosby - Blackout - Complex Osmanthus and Chai Tea Essence...the sweetness of the flower with the passion and danger of the spicy chai tea. I don't get those mixture of scents when I spray this at all.  However I absolutely ADORE this perfume.  It's classified as an Oriental Floral.  I don't get the tea but I do get the spiciness of it.  It lasts about 5-6 hours on my skin and my skin normally takes to most perfumes really well.  I would love to purchase this again but it is slightly pricey, maybe I can find a good discount for this or slightly cheaper on ebay.  I could see this becoming in my top favorite perfumes!  Very easy to wear! 

And well folks, that concludes the June PLAY! Box by Sephora.  I normally love my boxes, and tend to use pretty much everything I get, and I did like this box, just not love it!  

Again you can Subscribe at the link towards the top of this post!  It is a fun box and it's all products you find at Sephora.  PLUS you do get a card that you can redeem for 50 points at a Sephora store!  


No comments:

Post a Comment