Sunday, September 28, 2014

Birchbox September Box

I used to be a member of Birchbox about a year and a half ago but dropped it because the bags and boxes started to get really bad, and wasn't even worth $5 much less $10. 
They seem to be getting their act together though so I decided to give it one more shot.  It is upped to $12 a month, includes shipping costs. 
Hopefully they don't crash and burn like they did a couple of years ago.  It was BAD.  I wouldn't have recommended ANYONE to Birchbox.  The samples were lame and you didn't even get deluxe sizes like you did with Ipsy or any of the other beauty subscriptions.  These were paper samples...?!?
Anyways, this is what I received in my September Box - and I'm pretty happy about it all. 



Avène Cleanance Soap-Free Gel Cleanser - This was a pretty good size deluxe trial size.  It came in a pretty simple clear bottle with blue gel inside.  It's a face cleanser and it worked really well.  I have sensitive skin so didn't cause a problem with that.  My face felt really clean afterwards.  I really don't know if I would purchase the full size product, only because I have SO MANY face cleansers as it is and normally have a few favorite products already.  But I would recommend it to others!
Whish Shave Crave Shaving Cream - OMG I LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS!!  I only wish I had received a bigger size!!  I'm 6'3" tall so only got a couple uses out of my deluxe trial size sample I received.  I LOVE the scent.  I LOVE the way it made my legs feel afterwards, all silky smooth!!  DEFINITELY going to be ordering the full size product of this!! 
Cynthia Rowley Beauty Eyeliner - I loved the eyeliner, but again wasn't too big on the "Silver" color.  I'm not a big color person, I like my trusty black eyeliner.  But the eyeliner did stay in place with no runs or smudges throughout the day.  If I was to buy this I would just get a black color.  This was a deluxe trial size, about half the size of a normal pencil.  This will definitely last a very long time for me as it's different from black!!  Although it looked really nice in the corner of my eyes!
Juicy Couture Viva La Juicy Gold Couture - I wasn't too happy about this sample.  Just a perfume sample vial with card is what I received.  I'm NOT a big fan of the Juicy Couture scents and this is definitely no exception.  I went ahead and tested it just to see but I definitely had to wash off shortly after.  My chemistry just doesn't sit well with these perfumes.  It turned sour shortly after I put on and just wasn't worth it.  I gave it to my daughter, maybe she'll like it!!
Jouer Perfectly Primed Collection - I've received a sample of this before in my Ipsy bags and really love this primer.  I may have to cave in and purchase a full size product of it.  I just have to get through the millions of primers I already own..lol.  This feels really smooth and soft, I really like it!!
ChapStick® Dual-Ended Hydration Lock Day & Night - This was a full size product I received.  One end says Night and one end says Day.  I tried both ends and couldn't really tell a difference on why it was Night and why it was Day.  I love Chapstick products anyways, and will probably just use this normally...
So overall I was pretty happy with Birchbox for September.  Let's hope it stays this way!! 
Birchbox now has this new point system, similar to what Ipsy's is like.  Where you can review their products to earn free stuff and so forth.  Although Birchbox seems easier to get the points!!

No comments:

Post a Comment