Thursday, November 19, 2015

November Birchbox



I used to subscribe to Birchbox several years ago and it was such a disappointment after a while.  But I guess they revamped themselves as they are one of my favorite  boxes now.

I love all the variety I get with them.  Not JUST makeup or skincare or haircare, but a mix of everything!!

And of course we cannot forget the point system.  The point system at Birchbox is SOOOOOO much better than the one at Ipsy I think.  With the points you gain at Birchbox you can choose ANYTHING from their store.  While the one at Ipsy you only get a small choice of items to choose from.  I just cashed in 400 points I had been saving at Birchbox (which equals to $40 worth of products) for a foundation I've been wanting!!  And it had free shipping so I think all I paid out of pocket was $1.40 for the tax.



Birchbox is just $10 a month including shipping.  Extremely affordable I think and you get 4-5 products each month, sometimes even a full size item (or two)!!  I really enjoy this box and this month was great!!  Loved this month's box!!

On to the items in the box!!



AYRES Body Polish - This body polish goes on smoothly and rinses off cleanly, leaving behind only soft, fantastic-smelling skin

My Take On This Product:  I LOVED this body polish, I only wish there was more!!  The small sample jar I got was good for only one application.  BUT it was amazing!!  I scrubbed my shoulders, elbows, knees and shins as that is where I get the most dry.  It has a texture of lotion with bits in it for scrubbiness in the shower or bath!  It left my skin super soft afterwards and definitely smelled wonderful!!  Would I purchase the full size?  Most definitely!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



Davines This is a Relaxing Moisturizing Fluid - This formula adds shine, eliminates frizz, moisturizes, humidity-proofs, and preps hair if you're using heat tools.

My Take  On This Product:  You want to use this product while your hair is DAMP, not dripping wet.  So towel dry it a bit and then put it on and comb through it.  It claims to "relax" your hair a bit while straightening.  I am on the fence about this one.  It kinda leaves my hair sticky and brittle after it dries, even after straightening I can still feel stickiness.  So I don't think I would purchase this at all.  I have other products that do the same things that doesn't leave a sticky feel to it.  There is quite a bit of product in this deluxe sample though.  So I may use it up to see if it continues with the stickiness after another application.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~




Dr Jart+ Water Replenishment Mask - This refreshing cotton sheet mask is loaded with a hydrating serum great for nourishing dry, parched skin.

My Take On This Product:  I think this is my absolute favorite thing in the entire box and wish there were more of them!!  I am in love with sheet masks and when you first open this, the mask is slimy and very saturated.  Unfold the mask and place it on your face.  Sit back with your head leaned back (or lay down) for 15-20 minutes is the time it states to leave it on.  Afterwards, peel off the mask (it doesn't hurt) and then massage the product left on your skin into your face and neck.  Let that soak in.  My skin felt AMAZING for days afterwards.  I would definitely buy more!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~




TheBalm Cosmetics - Fratboy - This talc-free, finely ground blush and shadow formula gives skin a fresh radiance that makes you look, and feel, young.

My Take On This Product:  I love theBalm cosmetic line!  BUT I wasn't too happy with this blush.  It's a Matte Pink in color but a tad too dark for me.  I'll probably end up gifting this to a friend of mine who is a blush addict.  I like light peach or light pink blushes the most, this was a bit too much pink for me!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~




LOC One & Done Shadow Stick - On Point - From Birchbox's new brand:  A creaseless, waterproof shadow with shades curated by YouTube beauty Tati Westbrook.

My Take On This Product:   I love eyeshadow and eye products in general.  I love playing up my eyes.  We got to pick what product we wanted from this whether it be an eyeshadow or a lip crayon.  I picked this pretty shimmery neutral color.  It goes well with anything and I just love it.  Especially around the inner corner of my eyes!!  Gives a nice shimmery pop to it!!  And you get a lot of product in this, so I'll be using it for a while!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well that was this month's Birchbox for me.  Every box can slightly differ for each person!!  If you would like to sign up for this amazing monthly subscription, click here >> Birchbox

No comments:

Post a Comment