Friday, November 6, 2015

Tens Unit Handheld Electronic Pulse Massager



I was in a couple of car accidents a few years ago where I received horrible whiplash.  The muscles in my neck have never calmed down or relaxed.  I've done numerous massages, pulse massages, physical therapy, etc.  Everything you can just about think of and still never relaxed.  If I sit or stand for too long or hold bags on that shoulder for too long it gets to hurting pretty bad.

I was offered a chance to try this at a deep discount for my honest review.  All my reviews are my own, whether good or bad.

I've been using this for a few days now at my neck and middle of my back.  While I do like the Tens Unit Handheld Electronic Pulse Massager, I also don't like it.  I was so hoping this would work for my neck, to loosen up those muscles that seem forever tightened.  It works for my back pain but doesn't work for my neck.  I've tried every setting, and if you do go up higher it is on the painful scale.  I've even tried gradually rising the intensity of the levels up and still doesn't do much of anything for my neck.  I've been sticking a pad on each side of where my neck meets my shoulder all the way to my spine.  And no matter where I put it, it doesn't help much.  It will get a temporary relief but it's very short.




Plus the pads, they worked great and stuck down for the first three sessions, but after three the glue becomes less sticky and they don't stick very well to your skin.

I do like that the product is handheld and you can control the settings.  And that it runs off of AAA batteries and not have to be plugged in.  So you can be laying down, relaxing, while you get a little massage.  The handheld is about the same size as a TV remote, so easy to handle.  The buttons on the handheld are: Waist, Shoulder, Joint, Hand/Leg, Repeat, Sole, Speed +, Speed -,
The three massage types are:  Massage, Beat & Knead



You're power Intensity levels are at the top near the little screen.  You get 15 minutes of whatever type of massage you choose.  Then it stops and you have to turn it off and turn it back on again for another 15 minutes.  That does get a little bit annoying, I would have preferred to do a continuous 30 minutes or more.  The power intensity level goes to 10 on both sides.  I have been leaving mine on about a 4.5 to a 5.  I have tried a bit stronger and I have tried a bit lighter.

Would I purchase another one of these?  Personally probably not as it doesn't seem to be working for my neck.  Would I recommend it for people with less severe injuries?  Definitely!!

No comments:

Post a Comment